We've recently launched our Something Pretty... Culinary Gardening Gift Sets - the perfect gift ideas for gardeners and food lovers.
We've got a range of different gardening gift sets for different culinary experiences. Not only do they come with the seeds, compost discs, biodegradable pots and plant labels - but they also include 4 recipes, for guidance in using each of the ingredients to grow.
So we're going to include some of these recipes each month in our blog posts.
This month we're featuring a recipe included in our Something Pretty Culinary - Grow Your Own Thai Food gift set - Thai Fishcakes
250g-300g White fish fillets, chopped
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
5cm Ginger, roughly chopped
1 Stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
3 Spring onions, finely chopped
1 Hot Thai chilli, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh coriander
1 tbsp Groundnut oil
3 tsp Fish sauce
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Lime, zest
1 tsp Sugar
1 Egg lightly beaten
Seasme oil for frying
Salad leaves, lime wedges and sweet chilli sauce to serve
1. Into a food processor put the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, spring onion, chilli, coriander and the tbsp oil. Pulse until it is well chopped up.
2. Add the fish, fish sauce, salt, lime zest, sugar and egg and pulse together until it forms a smooth paste.
3. Scoop out into a bowl and, using your hands, pick up the mixture and repeatedly throw it against the side of the bowl. Do this for 3-4 minutes (this thickens and aerates the mixture).
4. Chill the mixture for 15 minutes.
5. Shape into little patties and shallow fry for a few minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
6. Serve with salad, lime wedges and sweet chilli sauce.