The sunshine is here, the frosts have passed. But what are the key jobs to do in your garden to have it ready for a summer of colour and flavour?
1. Buy your summer bedding plants, either at the garden centre or online.
2. Plant all your summer flowering seeds (the frost should have passed) this includes sunflowers, sweet peas, nasturtiums and so many more.
3. Begin to sow your vegetable seeds, ready to have a delicious display of home grown goods throughout the summer.
4. Give your greenhouse a thorough scrub with hot soapy water. This will get rid of pests and diseases and let in more light.
5. Prepare beds for the growing season. Dig in a 5cm layer of compost or well-rotted manure.
6. Check your container plants aren’t drying out - the warmer weather will quickly affect soil moisture levels.
7. Lift and divide perennial plants now, to improve vigour and create new plants for your garden.
8. Prepare vegetable seed beds by removing all weeds
9. Cover prepared soil with sheets of black plastic to keep it drier and warmer in preparation for planting.
10. Begin to enjoy it – spend time outdoors and breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the new Spring sunshine.