We've been sending out a number of grow your wellness garden gift sets over the last few weeks. These are packed full of seeds for creating a relaxing space, whilst allowing your mind to focus on some mindful gardening. The wellness garden gift set also includes ideas and recipes for each plant to show to get the most out of them in order to improve wellbeing.
One of the seeds included is Lemon Balm, so we thought we'd share with you some ideas for using Lemon Balm for your physical and mental wellbeing.
Lemon Balm Tea
Lemon Balm tea can be brewed to be used as both a sleep aid and digestive tonic.
1/4 cup fresh lemon balm leaves chopped
1 cup water
1 teaspoon raw honey optional
1. Chop the lemon balm leaves to release their oils. Set aside.
2. Heat the water in a cup in the microwave or on the stove until boiling.
3. Mix the leaves and water in a mug and allow to stand 10 minutes to steep.
4. Stir in honey and strain if desired. Drink warm.
Candied Lemon Balm Leaves
If you’re looking for a sweet treat, but want to also stay true to your wellness routes - these give just enough of a sweet flavour, without overdoing your sugar intake.
1. Beat an egg white with a tsp of water.
2. Dip lemon balm leaves in the mixture, then thinly coat in sugar.
3. Lay the coated leaves on a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Place the baking sheet in a 95 degree C oven until the leaves look dry, but not browned.
5. Check after 20 minutes and every 5 to 10 after that.
6. Store in an airtight container.